Service: 11am-12:30pm (check-in begins at 10:30am)
Registration Opens: Wednesdays at 12am
Registration Closes: Fridays at noon
Please note: these operational changes are only temporary to enforce the health and safety of all members and visitors. We will resort back to our regular flow of service as soon as it is safe to do so. We have new signage and posters in place around the church building to enforce the new rules and guidelines during this COVID season.
Recommended Attendees: Members and friends
- who are in good health
- have no preexisting medical conditions
*In an effort to protect those who may be at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19, we will encourage seniors and those with young children to remain remote and watch service via livestream.
- The church building has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized and is maintained weekly
- Cleaning supplies/hand sanitizers/gloves, and masks have been ordered
- Sanctuary will be rearranged in an effort to promote social distancing. Families are encouraged to sit together where possible
- Due to occupancy restrictions, attendees will be required to pre-register for service
- We will permit 74 people in the sanctuary and 72 in the balcony
- Process for entering the building
- Check in for the 11am service begins at 10:30am. There will be 2 sidewalk check-in stations
- Temperatures will be checked by a nurse, then your name will be checked off from the list and you will be given a ‘checked-in for service’ wristband, at that time you will then be allowed to enter the building. Building entrance will be through designated entrance only doors
- Face masks must be worn at all times by all attendees
- In an effort to control the flow of traffic, the middle doors have been designated for entrance, then two side doors have been designated for exit only. All doors will remain open in an effort to limit the touching of surfaces
Operational Changes and Precautions:
- Christian formation classes will remain virtual until the end of the year. A new day/time (TBD) will be established for the Sunday morning classes.
- Children’s church will remain virtual and offered via Zoom
- Morning prayer in the sanctuary will be discontinued
- Nursery to remain closed until further notice
- Communion Sundays, you will pick up your elements on the way into the sanctuary from the trays located on the top of the Welcome Center in the lobby.
- Church Greeters, Ushers, and Security will be reduced in sanctuary, no longer stationed at the front entry
- Church parking lot will now operate one way in and one way out, enter on 95th St and exit on 96th St. Drivers who park in the parking lot will be asked to fill out a contact card and leave it on your dashboard should there be a delay in you returning to your car to allow other vehicles to exit the parking lot
- Women’s bathroom- to be limited to 2 persons at a time
- Men’s bathroom- to be limited to 2 persons at a time
- Signage will be posted for social distancing
- Fellowship hall to serve as a new converts reception area
- Nursery space will be utilized for illness emergencies
- There will be no marching during the offering. If you have cash or a check you will drop it in the designated lock-box either before or after service, located at the back of the sanctuary.
- PushPay will be encouraged in an effort to limit the use of handling cash and/or checks during offering.
- Physical touching and greeting (ex. hugging, kissing, shaking hands, etc) to be restricted throughout service
- During the altar call, if you are in need of prayer, you will be asked to raise your hand and we will pray for you from your seat.
- At the end of service, you are asked to exit the building and parking lot as soon as possible to allow us to clean the building in preparation for the second service.
At the conclusion of service:
- Attendees on the balcony will exit first, followed by the main floor
- There is to be no congregating in the church lobby. Maintain social distance at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need to pre-register for service? Yes, all attendees will need to pre-register every week for service.
Can I register for multiple services at a time? No, all attendees will need to pre-register every week.
When does registration open and close? Registration opens on Wednesday and closes on Friday at noon before Sunday service.
Where can I register for service? You can register for service by following the directions on our website.
Are temperature checks required? Yes, in compliance with CDC and governmental protocol, all attendees will need to comply with these precautionary measures
What happens if it’s raining outside? The check-in and registration process will be moved indoors to the lower fellowship hall.
Do I have to wear a face mask during service? Yes, all attendees MUST wear a face mask during their entire stay within the building.
What’s the best way to give? The recommended way to give is by using online giving. This limits our contact with cash/checks and helps to ensure the health and safety of all.
Can I still march for offering? There will be no marching during the offertory
What are my options to give online? You can give via our COGEF app, website, or text-to-give.
How do I download the COGEF app? Visit the App Store or Google Play store and search Church of God of East Flatbush and follow the directions to download the app. Another option is to text COGEFAPP to 77977 and follow the instructions. Next, set up your account using the Create Your Profile option on the app. Finally, on the bottom portion of the app, you can access the option to ‘Give’ online and also watch livestream services.
Will service be streamed? Yes, the 11am service will continue to be streamed Yes, the 11am service will continue to be streamed
If I attend a service since reopening and ultimately find out that I have been exposed to COVID-19, what should I do? You should contact the church office immediately so another health and safety protocol can be put in place as well as contact tracing.
I don’t have a computer or access to a device to register for service, what should I do? The church will be open on Wednesdays from 11am-5pm to assist you with online registration. You are asked to come to the building because you will need to acknowledge that you are aware of and understand the waiver.
Can a member register another member outside of the household? We encourage each household to register together for service so we know who is in your party. Any person registered for service is acknowledging their awareness and understanding of the waiver before a registration is submitted.
Do visitors need to register? It is encouraged that visitors register before attending Sunday service. If not, should space still be available for that designated service, we will help them register when they arrive at the building for service.
Statement of Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Related to Coronavirus/COVID-19
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, a pandemic. COVID-19 is highly contagious and known to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people over the past several weeks.
By attending Church of God of East Flatbush (the “Ministry”), you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you and your family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19. You also acknowledge that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and/or others, including, but not limited to, Ministry employees, contractors, volunteers, members, and participants and their families. You agree to assume all the foregoing risks, waive liability against the Ministry and any other listed parties, and accept sole responsibility for any illness, injury, disability, or death to you or your family, including all claims that may arise resulting from any of these.